Sunday, May 23, 2010

A little sentimental, I say goodbye




This move has come together so fast, I haven't had much time to process it. Last night and this morning I find myself thinking about it more, and I'm a little sad.





  • It is hard to say goodbye to one level living.


  • It is hard to say goodbye to my running partner being just down the hall.


  • It is hard to say goodbye to Andrew's friends being just down the hall.


  • It is hard to say goodbye to a right sized home.


  • It is hard to say goodbye to a big kitchen.


  • It is hard to say goodbye to the wood lot behind our sunroom.


  • But honestly most of all it is hard for me to say goodbye to a laundry room on the same level as the closets. Sigh. I've done 10 loads of laundry this week, washing everything I can think of, to cherish that treat a little longer.



Of course I haven't forgotten what we are saying hello to.





  • Hello to a backyard.


  • Hello to cheaper rent.


  • Hello to nice landlords.


  • Hello to a quiet street.


  • Hello to being closer to the Julie's.


  • Hello to a safer place for my bike.


  • And honestly most of all, hello to a new start, I'm quite fond of them!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin