Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Will Have an Opinion for Money (and candy)


Months ago I signed up to be considered for future market research focus groups at a local marketing firm. They have called me several times over the past months, but I've always either missed the call, or been unable to attend the group due to scheduling issues.

Last week an opportunity arose that was just too good to pass up. For an amount of money similar to what a lawyer would make in two hours, I got to sit in a lovely air-conditioned room today and eat my favorite candy bar and talk about why I love it.

I also was asked, for a chance to earn additional money, to create a collage that talks about my perfect candy eating experience. I am sad to say my collage did not win, but it was still fun to make.

After I left, chatting up the other participants all the way to the elevator, I realized I felt like I was leaving happy hour, instead of a product meeting. The group of 8 people were great fun and many laughs accompanied this happy topic. I even found out after the meeting that I used to work with one of the participants...I should have realized from his warped sense of humor that this was a guy who had lived through the trenches of American Express and come out on the other side with a smile on his face.

What is your favorite candy bar? What do you love about it? How often do you have one? Do you keep candy around the house, or is it something that you have to go buy when you want it?

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin