Thursday, March 19, 2009

Homeschooling Scrapbooks and such





Developing review and analysis skills is one of the things that throws Andrew.  In his mind at this stage of development, a class he takes is just that, read the title of the class, and move on!  It is hard for him to explain what he learned and what he liked and didn't like about a particular schooling subject or project.

Thanks to my fellow homeschool mom Julie, we work on these skills using scrapbook pages.  He pulls together photos that represent something we have done recently in homeschool and then he needs to write down something he liked or something he learned.  As a writer, his rudimentary skills at this point are a bit tough for me, I know he has so much more inside him, but it is good for me to learn more patience.

I am very proud of his efforts, and although his writing is still rough, I think he's starting to understand what we are looking for better.

Above are some of his recent pages.

2 comments:

Susan said...

What a fantastic way to learn..Great homeschool lessons. He did an awesome job!

AshleyS said...

great idea that I'm filing away for future reference!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin